For your comfort and peace of mind we have a special space for your luggage at no additional cost. To transport your luggage it is important to take into account the following:
- Objects of value that are inside the luggage, will travel under the responsibility of the passenger, if applicable, remove the object of value, before starting travel.
- Hand luggage will travel under the responsibility of the passenger.
- The company will be responsible for up to 25 kg of luggage according to travel insurance policy No. RSA 030390100 of Seguros Comercial América stipulated in your ticket
- The civil liability limits that protect passengers and their belongings will be governed by Art. 127 of the Law on General Communications and its regulations.
- Any claim made in relation to your baggage must be made immediately after the fact and before you leave the dock facilities
- The insurance policy covers the trip aboard our boats, so once you withdraw from them the coverage will cease.
- The company will deliver the luggage to the holders of the luggage identification tickets, so we ask them to take care of them and make good use of them
- Any claim for damage or loss of luggage will require:
- Report it immediately and before leaving the premises.
- Fill out the baggage claim form before the company representative.
- Present your travel ticket, Official Identification (INE) and suitcase ticket identification that you were granted at the scale.
1- The company will not be responsible for damage or loss of luggage in any of the following cases:
- It is not responsible for valuables contained or deposited in luggage that are not declared and accepted in writing by the company.
- The Agrupación Obrera Mixta de Trabajadores Marítimos y Terrestre de Cozumel, CTM, are responsible for loading and unloading luggage from our boats. Any damage or problem that arises with the luggage, the company is exempt from all responsibility, as well as the charge that these people make for the service.
- The Company and the Captain are not responsible for the accuracy of the declaration made by the client regarding the weight, content, quality, condition and other circumstances described of the baggage. The Captain or his representative will write the declarations on the form sheet under the legend “it says it contains”, with which the company will not be responsible for its contents. The damages and losses that occur to the ship or its cargo due to introducing merchandise whose shipment is prohibited by laws, orders or regulations, under inaccurate declarations, will be the responsibility of the owner of the baggage.
- The responsibility of the company with the luggage is to transport it and ends at the time of disembarkation, so in the event that the recipient of the baggage is not at the dock, we are not responsible for consequential damages or losses.
2- Any problem that arises with the luggage, you must make the claim immediately, before leaving the dock.
3- The following will be required for your baggage or loss claim:
- Report immediately before leaving the disembarked dock.
- Filling out the baggage claim form in front of a company representative.
- Show your travel ticket.
- Show your baggage receipt.
- Show personal identification.
- Show sales note or Invoice of the contents of the luggage.
4- If you have any questions regarding these rules, please contact our representatives at the docks or at our offices located at calle 6 norte #14 x 10 y 15 avenida, or by calling 87 2 15 08 and 87 2 15 88.
If you have any questions regarding the provisions, please ask our representatives at the docks or directly at our offices at telephone numbers 87 2 15 08 and 87 2 15 88.